Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chairman's Battle 2009

The battle for the soul of the Republican Party may be in Michael Steele's hands according to insiders. Currently he is making the case for himself in private and through surrogates that he should be named the next Chairman of the GOP. Purportedly, he'll announce on Thursday his public intention to run for the post. I like Michael Steele, a lot. I think he'd make a great chairman - my big fear is that we in Maryland would lose him as a potential 2010 candidate if he's the chairman of the party. Then again, he's got experience asthe former Chairman of the Maryland which led to victory in the Governor's mansion and is currently the chairman of GOPAC. I think if Steele becomes the chair, expect him to be a vocal and outgoing chair that tries to get himself everywhere. He's a great debater and could transform himself into the public face of the party for the next four years.

I'm unsure about the other people throwing their names in the hat for the chairman position. My favorites of those I've seen besides Steele are Katon Dawson and Jim Nussle. Frankly, I still want to know who among them will embrace the important ideas of the Rebuild the Party movement. If each of them do, then I think we're stepping in the right direction.

2 comments:

Evil Conservative said...

mchgba@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Ed Hardy Clothes
–as the godfather of tattoo art

designed the world famous clothing line — hardy shirt


clothing line. At that time, hardy shirt
has become a household name, let us have a discus about Don hardy shirts
.