Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President-Elect Obama

When FoxNews is calling the election for Barack Obama, he's won the election. My hopeful prediction earlier today was a McCain victory in Ohio and Pennsylvania...none of which have happened. Congratulations to the Junior Senator from Illinois. Support him or oppose him, he's the next President of these United States.

As an American, I'm proud to see that our country's racial divisions have minimized to the point that a biracial man can achieve the Presidency or even be considered. As a conservative, I'm afraid of his liberal leans especially when it comes to the Supreme Court. I pray that the Senator realizes that this victory was not in a bubble and not from an electorate that solely elected him based on his liberal views, he was elected from a nation seeking a change.

America is looking for a new type of politics that is different than eight years of President Bush. They don't want divisive politics. They don't want a partisan President. Barack Obama needs to begin healing the partisan wounds of this electoral cycle and that have been building for years. President-Elect Obama needs to begin bridging that gap and I don't know how he's going to do it. I pray that he can at least begin to heal our wounds.

I wish him the best of luck as an American and I pray for him and America.

No comments: