Friday, May 1, 2009

Best 2010 Team for New York

I'm not going to post additional comments, but I think if the NYS GOP wants to make some solid headway in 2010 statewide - this should be their entire statewide candidate ticket -
Governor - Rudy Giuliani - Former Mayor of NYC
Attorney General - Michael Garcia - Former US Attorney, brought down Eliot Spitzer, prosecuted the terrorists involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, and brought charges against politicians including State Sen. Efrain Gonzalez (D), former Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik (R), two staffers of Council Member Kendall Stewart (D-Brooklyn) and Assemblyman Anthony Seminerio (D)
Comptroller - J. Christopher Callaghan - Former Saratoga County Treasurer, 2006 comptroller nominee
US Senate (v. Gillibrand) - John Faso - Former Assembly Minority Leader, 2006 gubernatorial nominee
US Senate (v. Schumer) - George Pataki - Former 3 term Governor
Discuss.

1 comment:

deaconblue said...

I'm not a fan of Callaghan, never have been. He just doesn't give me the confidence I want, even need, from the Comptroller. I should check to see where Herb London is living now.

I doubt John Faso will get the nod. I like John, he's been a family friend for years. But he's not ready for the Senate. HE should have gotten the nod to run for Gilly's seat, but Tedisco threw his political wad into running. Faso should get the nod in the next congressional cycle.

The more likely choice to run for Senate on the GOP is Peter King of LI.