Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Anh Cao - Hero of the Day

Representative Anh "Joseph" Cao (R) of Louisiana was elected in 2008 in a heavily Democratic district in what some call a fluke after facing a ridiculously corrupt Democratic incumbent. Cao is now prepared to vote against Obama-care even though it may cost him reelection. That makes him our hero of the day. Here's the quote -
“I know that voting against the health care bill will probably be the death of my political career...But I have to live with myself, and I always reflect on the phrase of the New Testament, ‘How does it profit a man’s life to gain the world but to lose his soul?’”

2 comments:

Katy said...

God bless him!

Anonymous said...

Isn't his job to represent his constituents? What is the relevance of his soul or scripture?