Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

As Thanksgiving approaches, I decided to take inventory of all that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my wonderful wife who has helped make me a more complete and whole person. I love her more every single day.

Every day, I thank the Lord for my son. I thank Him for keeping him safe through his NICU stay. I thank Him for helping him grow stronger every day. I thank Him for bringing him to us and for bringing him home as quickly as possible and without any equipment / stipulations.

I am thankful for all of the other members of my family - my many brothers and sister; my loving parents; my accepting brother and sister in-law; my wife's approachable parents; my amazing grandparents; and all the extended family that cares for us. Their love and support help me every day. I am incredibly thankful to have them in my life and love them all.

I am thankful for my freedoms here in these United States. The fact that I am able to speak my mind freely, worship as I see fit, and am granted a voice in our government. This nation is still the freest in the world and I thank God on a regular basis that I was born here.

I am thankful for my friends - both new and old; both close and those who have grown apart from the distance. Their friendship, support, and sometimes just their ears have provided me with so much over the years. I am incredibly thankful for that.

I am thankful for the congregation at our local church. They are a loving body of people that actively cares for each one of us. When my wife was in the hospital prior to our son's birth, their support and prayers meant so very much to me and did not go unnoticed.

And above all, I am thankful for my God and my Lord Jesus the Christ - who has provided me with the greatest gift of them all, salvation and everlasting life. I am proud of my faith and it has helped get me through anything that comes my way. I am overjoyed when I think of sharing my faith with my son - and can't wait to teach him all about it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and thank you for allowing me to share this with you.

2 comments:

Katy said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

I’m not just simply talking about all skyscraping, piled, stripy heels here but scarpe Hogan
that I’m into passion this summer season. We're totally in love with the fabulous sporty shoes like hogan donna
. The house of Hogan uomo
is renowned for its casual-chic sneakers for him along with her. If you are be sure to expect excellent shoes in town, you should opt for Hogan scarpe uomo
and also give it a try.